Currently Accepting Applications and Issuing Vouchers.
This program provides up to a $1,500 incentive for the purchase and installation of a qualifying replacement to qualifying low income homeowners or landlords of low income rental properties.
Qualified Existing Devices and Qualified Replacement Devices List
This is a "first come, first served" program. The SacMetro AQMD will implement this program until the funds are depleted.
NOTE: maximum income amounts for family sizes greater than six persons are determined by adding $115.66 per month ($1,387.92 per year) for each additional person.
To apply for a voucher, you must live in or be a landlord of a residence in Sacramento County, submit a complete voucher application form and complete an Income Verification Form (including income verification documents). After you receive a voucher, you must purchase a qualified replacement device from a participating retailer within four weeks of receiving the voucher.
1. Obtain an application from the SacMetro AQMD by one of the following methods:
If you are a property owner renting to a low income tenant, submit the Income Verification Form for the tenant and complete this form: Rental Property Owner .
The SacMetro AQMD must verify the residence address before a voucher is issued. Submit a copy of a SMUD or PG&E bill as acceptable proof of residency with your voucher application.
The SacMetro AQMD will verify your eligibility and issue a voucher if you qualify. The voucher will expire four weeks from the date of issuance if not used. Please visit one of the participating retailers at least one week prior to the expiration date of your voucher.
2. Select a wood burning appliance from a participating retailer and make a commitment to purchase it. The retailer verifies that the existing unit qualifies for replacement/retrofit.
3. Make your purchase during the program timeline. Purchases made outside the timeline will not qualify for the incentive.
4. After verification, retailer reduces the purchase price by the amount of the voucher and notifies the SacMetro AQMD with information about the purchaser. This must occur within four weeks after voucher issuance.
5. After retailer installation, retailer notifies the SacMetro AQMD and submits appropriate documentation for reimbursement.
SacMetro AQMD 777 12th St., 3rd Floor Sacramento, CA 95814-1908
Wood Stove line: (916) 440-WOOD (9663) Fax line: (916) 874-7896