The AQMD prepares and retains files and records in the normal course of air quality regulation and related activities. These files and records are open for inspection and copying by the public under the following conditions:
- During normal AQMD business hours
- File reviews may require an appointment and supervision by AQMD staff
- Confidential material is not subject to disclosure, e,g, records pertaining to pending litigation, personnel information, records revealing the identity of complainants, and industry trade secrets
The AQMD will provide files for review and/or copies of existing documents under the following conditions:
- A written request must be submitted to the AQMD containing the following information:
- requestor’s name
- requestor's address
- requestor's telephone number and fax number, if applicable
- a description of the information
sought, including any permit numbers, site locations, time frames, equipment
specifics, and/or name of company where applicable
Submit the request to the Public Records Act Coordinator, Jim Jester, using any one of the following methods:
- e-mail: email@example.com
- fax to: Jim Jester at (916) 874-4805
- mail to: Jim Jester
Public Records Act Coordinator
777 12th Street, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814-1908
- Web site form
Exceptions: A written request is not required for copies of AQMD rules, air monitoring data, permits to operate, Board of Directors meeting packages and policies, and Hearing Board proceedings and orders. A copying charge may apply depending upon volume. Call the AQMD at 916 874-4800 or 1 800 880-9025 (toll free in Sacramento County) for information.
The AQMD will respond to public information requests within 10 calendar days of receipt. Some requests may require an additional 10 business days to complete, due to volume or complexity of the request.
A fee of 25 cents per page must be paid for prior to release of document copies.
If you have questions about the AQMD's public information policy or any request you have made, please contact Jim Jester by any of the above methods, or call him at (916) 874-4817 or 1 800 880-9025 (toll free in Sacramento County).