What is VIP?
The on-road Voucher Incentive Program (VIP) is a part of the Carl Moyer Program. The goal of the VIP is to replace or retrofit 2002 & older heavy-duty diesel vehicles earlier than would have been expected through normal attrition or by regulation. VIP allows funding opportunities for small fleets (10 or less heavy-duty diesel vehicles) to:
- replace older heavy-duty diesel vehicles with cleaner diesel vehicles (2008 or newer with approved engines); or
- reduce emissions from Class 6 (GVWR 19,501 - 26,000 lbs) with a Verified Diesel Emission Control Strategy (VDECS), also known as a retrofit.
Please note that retrofit funding is NOT available for Class 7 & 8 trucks (GVWR over 26,000 lbs) and replacement vehicles funded under the VIP CANNOT be used towards compliance with the Truck & Bus Regulation and CANNOT be used in Ports or Railyards for three (3) years.
VIP Guidelines and Funding Matrix are available here.
How do I apply?
The application period for the VIP is now closed. We will provide an update if and when future funding becomes available. Applications are evaluated and funded on a first come, first served basis. Applications must be submitted through a participating dealership.
Truck owners can be based anywhere in California and can apply at any of the participating dealerships.
- Obtain an application packet from a participating dealership or download the forms on this Web page.
- Submit the completed application and required documentation to a participating dealership. Applications submitted directly to the air district will be returned. Incomplete applications will be rejected and returned.
- Once approved for a Truck Replacement Voucher, purchase or order the replacement truck. When the replacement truck is delivered, turn in your existing truck to the dealership to be destroyed. Sign the final invoice, receipt of voucher, and old vehicle title.
- Once approved for a Retrofit Voucher, install retrofit and sign the final invoice and receipt of voucher.
Air District Contacts
|Kristian Damkier||(916) firstname.lastname@example.org|